Confession: It’s so hard to sit at a desk, behind a computer for 40 hours during the week so the last thing I want to do during my downtime is get on a computer and blog! Funny thing is that there are about 10 girls in the office that are also prego so it’s starting to look like a hospital! With all of us only being a couple of weeks apart I’m pretty sure it’s going to turn into a nursery soon!
Today I start my 3rd trimester, 27th week and/or my 7th month, but who’s counting Can you believe it?! It seems like my 1st & 2nd trimesters went by fast! Well, not really. Not for me So I’m sharing some of my 2nd trimester highlights and eagerly awaiting the arrival of my little prince! Every day and every week that goes by is so much more exciting. I still can’t believe I’m pregnant some days!
- I felt my little guy kick me in my belly for the 1st time. I couldn’t believe it. For the first time, I actually felt my baby. I knew he was in there, I just hadn’t felt him. His little kicks and punches have gotten so much stronger over the past few weeks. I can actually see my belly move now!
- Sometime around here we heard baby’s heartbeat for the 1st time and his boy parts were confirmed, again Doc told us at around 14 weeks that we were expecting a boy, but we wanted to make sure!
- Baby’s 1st and 2nd trimester screenings went really well. My doctor said everything is normal and my dates look correct. We had lots of ultrasounds, tests and more tests. I’m gearing up for my glucose test ~ I love sugar! LOL
- Our 1st 4th of July together (even his auntie came to visit). We spent most of the day shopping for the perfect crib with no luck. Then we spent the afternoon at the beach. My baby is officially a beach bum We love swimming and yoga too!
- My event props were moved into storage to make room for baby’s things. I’m not sure how I feel about that yet. I wish we had more space, but I’ve realized that the more space we have the more stuff I buy
- My belly is like a hand magnet, people just want to touch it. It’s getting nice and round and my belly button is slowly disappearing. I spill and get crumbs on my belly all the time and it hurts like crazy when I sneeze! Baby does not like that at all!
- Nursery is in progress, painted and ready to be furnished.
- Baby can see! He can open and close his eyes now, which is fascinating. According to my baby iPhone apps, he’s approximately 2 pounds. I can feel him wiggling around in my belly all the time. It’s the most amazing thing ever. He’s become my alarm clock in the morning.
- Nesting mode is in full swing. We finally purchased a crib (assembling it is another story). I’ll share inspiration pics for his room and of course we hope to take some photos when we’re all done. He’s going to have a better looking closet than his mama That’s my special little project for him.
- Another reason for my lack of baby blogging is because most of my time is consumed with baby research. From researching what is going on with baby’s development to baby essentials and consumer products, I’ve become an expert. Not really, but my registry in the works is pretty impressive
- Finally, I’m getting ready to pack my hospital bags. Yes, bags and 13 weeks in advance, just the way I like it. It seems to be the only thing I have control over at this point so I’ll share what I’m bringing along to the hospital later on! I’m making a lot of progress on my check list and I’m sure I’ll be overly prepared for this. Oh and if you have any suggestions on what to pack, please let me know!
Overall, we weren’t as hungry or tired as we were in the 1st trimester. We’re working out more, eating healthier and becoming stronger I do feel a little more emotional lately. I wish I had done a better job of documenting this pregnancy. There are so many cute ideas out there so I’ll try to do a better job in the 3rd trimester and when he’s born! My baby is going to be reading this one day! Mama loves you soooo much!